The purpose of RYLA is to recognize young leaders and provide them with an opportunity to expand their perceptions and ideals.
For detailed information on RYLA please access the District RYLA website at www.RYLAdistrict5100.org.
The purpose of RYLA is to recognize young leaders and provide them with an opportunity to expand their perceptions and ideals. RYLA participants gain knowledge about themselves and learn to work with others in order to become a better person and a future leader.
Participants are selected through an essay and application process through their local Rotary Club. Once selected to receive the award, young adults are invited to attend a weeklong seminar aimed at further developing their interpersonal and leadership skills.
Ryla is a once in a lifetime experience! It is a week of stimulating seminars and lectures by top professionals in various fields.
Past speakers include:
- Bob Farrell of Farrell's Ice Cream Parlors and Newport Bay Restaurants
- Chuck Ferguson of 21st Century Leadership
- Junki Yoshida, Founder of Yoshida Sauces
- Dale Carnegie representatives and many, many more!
During the week
RYLA participants will have an opportunity to:
- Share and explore new ideas
- Enhance communications skills to improve their relationships with family, partners, co-workers, and society
- Collect innovative ideas for key leadership and successful business strategies
- Network with positive leaders
- Explore family dynamics, interpersonal relationships and values
- Learn about substance abuse awareness
- Learn how to better understand ourselves and others
- Learn Key stress and relaxtion techniques
- Learn about world fellowship, understanding the peace process (conflict resolution) and environmental issues
- Open to men and women, 19-28 years old.
- Candidates should hold a position of leadership or be interested in expanding and displaying leadership qualities.
Developed as a family estate during the 1920's, Menucha overlooks the magnificent Columbia River Gorge. It offers recreational facilities for swimming, volleyball, hiking, tennis and basketball in a beautiful wooded setting. The center features dormitory style rooms with showers, and provides home-cooked meals.
The Rotary Connection
Rotary is one of the largest international service associations, with some 29,000 clubs in more than 160 countries. Its members are dedicated to humanitarian service, high ethical standards and promotion of world understanding and peace.
One of the goals of Rotary is to help young people develop their leadership abilities and self-confidence to the fullest.
To accomplish that goal, Rotary clubs host thousands of young leaders through Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) programs each year. Rotarians who are business and professional achievers organize RYLA events.
Rotary clubs also sponsor other complimentary programs for young people. They include:
- Rotaract, a service club for young adults
- Interact, a service club for secondary school students
- Youth Exchange, a chance to live and study abroad
- Ambassadorial Scholarships, for university or post-university study abroad
How to Apply
Don't miss the chance to participate in this exciting and rewarding program!
All RYLA participants are selected and sponsored by their local Rotary club. To obtain all the information you will need to apply for this unforgettable experience, please check contact your nearest Rotary Club or visit the RYLA web site at www.RYLAdistrict5100.org.RYLArians are encouraged to visit their sponsoring Rotary Club within a couple of weeks of their participation to share their experience with club members.